R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin Brushless testing!
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Randy Pike
Team Tekin

Manufacturers "share" or sometimes even steel other manufactureres products, make them different. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

I do find it very interesting that you all seem to know where everything is made, who made and who they got it from. Have you all driven the mamba back to back with a Tekin? They don't feel the same to me, that's for sure. Do you really think that Castle is manufacturing the motor in house? Come on guys... There are sooo many instances where two different manufacturers use the same vendor for parts it's unreal. Do a google search on any electronics and you will see numerouse "vendors" selling the same part for "their" product line.

If Tekin was really using Castles stuff why wouldn't they release it at the very same time!? The whole point in our industry is to get the best product out and to be first to market. Don't be fooled that this is all for out best interests. This is a "market" place and we the customers demand the best at the fastest rate possible. Maybe Tekin is making something better, waiting for a better part to be made. Maybe they found or did something betten then Castle. Maybe not. Doesn't the Novak and LRP systems look painfully similiar. So what the outer can looks different. When making a brushless motor there are only so many ways to do it. Same goes for the esc. How many fet's, what freq to run them at,etc. Pop open a few esc's and count the "same" parts in each one. Then note how many differences there really are. Let me think...add power to this motor, motor goes, done!?