R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR Ultimate Edition (UE)
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 01:42 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I finally had a chance to compare an Ultimate X against a WCE this past weekend. Both cars are mine. The WCE only has the following upgrades:

- VZW214 SP Main Chassis(RRR/7075/3T/Gunmetallic)
- VZW216 Aluminum Middle Shaft Mount(for RRR)
- VZW207 SP Rear Shock Stay Set(RRR/S3/Blue)

Suspension setup, front diff, diff oils and tires were the same on both cars. The engine was moved from one car to the next.

Hands down, the UX handled way better than the WCE given the same setup. The WCE was a little sloppy on the track, while the UX was easier to drive and under control at all times. It's probably possible to tune the WCE to match the UX's performance (which I will try to do), but there clearly was a difference between the two cars.

I'm going to update the UE/X spec some time next month (finally) after I take care of some other things. The only new items being added to the published spec are:

- Boca ceramic bearings
- K Factory 4mm Carbon Bumper Top Plate
- RRR Evo Spur gears

Will: Thanks bro. You should add a link to the KB Web site to your signature. That way, when you post, the link is there for everyone to see.

For those of you that don't know, the UE/X project was moved to my Web site a couple of months ago. It has a forum, so any questions, additions or subtractions to the UE/X can be discussed there. If Will didn't keep on tagging this thread, it would disappear ...

Robert/HarKonnenD: Hi guys
All you need to do now is test every part individually and let us know how much of a difference each one makes so we know which items are the best. Then you can test them in groups, then with different setups, then with different tires, then with... It's a good thing you don't sleep . j/k

Did you get a chance to compare lap times? Do you think any of the difference was because you were using one of the cars for a while and the other was new to you?

Good to hear from you.