R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help with OS .12TZ install in NTC3
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 07:37 PM
polesitter61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Help with OS .12TZ install in NTC3

First let me say I'm a vetran of R/C racing of over 15 years, but new to nitro. I have a Factory Team TC3 that I'm trying to put and OS 12TZ 3 port in. The problem I have is with the clutch assembly. I have all the assoc. parts flywheel, shoes, clutch bell, ect. The motor did not come with the brass collet that goes behind the flywheel, every collet I found seems to be to long, I can't even get the clutch bell even with the end of the crank to put the retainer screw in? After some sanding on the large end of the collet to shorten it up I was able to barley get the clutch bell on, and now that I have apparentely it is not tightening up on the crank shaft and just spins even with the nut very tight. I also discovered that the threads on the crankshaft are too tall and will not let the inner bearing of the clutch bell slide far enough on the crank shaft, I ground off the first couple of thread so the bearing would sit down far enough to get the clutch bell flush with the end of the crank. I guess what I'm after is a list of part #'s I need to make this motor work in my NTC3, please help.