R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is the Monster Truck Class Dead?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 06:27 AM
TonysScrews
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The MT class won't die as long as they sell RTR kits, (Maxx, Revo, LST/2, Savage, etc..), but the Truggy class is here to stay and will soon be the dominent class everywhere. They are easy to drive, very fast (faster than buggy in most places) and are more fun.

As for price, I think most will jump into a RTR MT first thinking it will be cheaper. But after a few hard days of bashing and/or racing, I'm willing to bet that most MT guys will have more money in their trucks than most guys with a truggy. With a truggy, you have the price of the kit, motor, pipe and electronics. But after that, you're dealing with a high-end race kit that is much more durable and cheaper to fix. I've seen guys at the track with a T-maxx's and Revo's with over $1,500-2,000 in them and still break several times. The durability and handling of a truggy is what will make many MT racers switch after spending some good time at the track watching them.

I have a MBX5 and MBX5T, but I do miss the T-Maxx every now and then. It just looks so much cooler. Especially with a truck body. I really dislike the typical crowdpleaser looking bodies on most truggies, but that's what fits them well and lasts longer for racing. But I'd love to see a truggy with a pickup truck body on it.