R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - coolest battery explosion ever
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 08:33 AM
burbs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitCrew
I am in dis belief of this.

What did the cell push against to get itself into the wall.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Also, I charge at 10 amps very frequently, not saying its a good thing to do. I NEVER let the cells peak at that current. Only when I am late for a race and trying to get some Mah in them.

I have heard of cells blowing up though, so I know it can happen, and I understand it is VERY loud!!

The NEW M80!!
Its a red cell IP 3800...you can see the matching lable on the cell, and the red outer ring..

It is very common in oval racing to charge at 10 amps or higher at nation events for the mains.. The added punch up front helps alot if the car is good..

I have seen John foister owner of BSR , have two turbo's hooked up at 12 amps each to charge his packs.. ask anyone he has massive amounts of rip. If it is done properly, it will have great results.. as EA said attention is key...

If the peak detect was set at .02 or .03 like it should have been it wouldnt have done it..

maybe it was in a groove of the rack, and when it blew it rested against the rack.. I wasnt there, but a few of my friends were, they said it was nuts..

I wonder if the damage is covered under his homeowners insurance,,

Last edited by burbs; 08-16-2006 at 10:07 AM.