R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 02:27 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Black Paragon or Paragon FXII for 15 min followed by cheap runny spf 30-45 suntan lotion for 30 min is the ideal setup.

SXT thick and Tire Tweak will make your car really darty for the first 4 min of a race. The suntan lotion is more consistant. I used to use tweak but at the 2005 Nats I saw all the mod 12 guys passing a bottle of Target brand SPF 45 lorion around. I was Josh Cyrul's bottle. I asked him what was better tweak or suntan lotion and he said He had been using Suntan lotion at every Asphalt race since the 2000 IFMAR Worlds at Yatabe Arena in Japan. He started using it because Masami was using suntan lotion.

RAL - We need some more details. What do you tires look like when you come off the track. Clean and black or dusty (should be clean and black)? How many screws are you running to secure your rear pod to the t-bar (should be just the two outer screws). What size tires are you running? What body? What size front springs (should be .020"). How much pod droop do you have?

I think your lack of traction is a setup issue. Not a tire doping issue.

The best tire combo for asphalt are Jaco or TRC double pink wraps front and rear. You would think they would be darty and hard to control but they are faster and smoother than purples and pinks.

Greens and whites are used when you car is so locked down in the rear on asphalt that your traction is hurting your corner speed and efficiency. This is a pretty rare situation.

Last edited by AdrianM; 08-14-2006 at 02:37 PM.