R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho v-one rrr
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 06:35 PM
V1-RRR-WC
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I agree with Robert, I like the 1-way a lot. I've tried spool and diff. Car just die too much mid-corner. I will agree and I've recommended (lately) for the newer guys, diff is easier for them to drive, they have more control of the car. A 1-way, car just roll so much better mid corner. BTW Robert, good run at the GLC!!!

For my personal driving, I brake real hard and late even with a 1-way, so I can't say there is massive advantage for me there if I use a diff/spool. But I can tell you by experience... I ran front diff Q1 & 2 at the last 2 day and then switched to a 1-way, car looked completely out of control because my brakes were way too much and I didn't practice with the 1-way... even my pit guy was saying that car looked like a handful to drive.... and I'll agree. However I was 4 secs faster then my TQ with a diff, even with the car looked like a handful. Once I got my driving settled back to a 1-way, I was overall 8 sec quicker than my diff car in Round 4. For me personally and by no means I'm saying this should be for everyone... if traction allows, my driving with a 1-way is faster then a diff/spool. I'm accustom to carpet foam during the winter, it's all about the corner speed to me.

Dom

Hi Dom,

Did some testing this weekend with diffs. One with 120K and another with 300K.

All I ask is that you try the 300K, you should be rather pleased. No mid corner lost of power.

If you like the power and turn in of a one-way, but also like to brake late, then this combination is for you.

The 120K still give me some mid to exit corner, lost of power.