R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Factory Driver Salaries
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 11:24 PM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is a subject I have a problem with in general speak for ALL industries.

I'm sure many people would like to know this but this is a private financial matter that is only the business of the individual and the company they are employed by. I'm sure they don't want the general public knowing their income. Most "factory pros" are employed by one of their sponsors as a full time employee, the racing is secondary. I'm sure these individuals would appreciate the respect that any other person receives regarding their financial matters.
Throw a number in the air, let's use something like $15.00 per hour. You are a NATIONAL CHAMPION CALIBER driver. You FLY around the country to 25 races a year (Just over 2 races a month) For each of these races you spend 4-5 days at the track praticing & racing, plus your travel time. Your sponsor PAYS for your travel, entry fee, food, and lodging plus pays you the working wage above based on 6 - 8 hours a day for the 5 days at the track. For the benefit of numbers we'll call it $600.00 per race weekend (25 races x $600.00 would get upto what $15,000 a year?) Now on the weeks you are NOT at the track, you are working for the company putting parts in a bag, stapling header cards to them, matching batteries, winding motors, helping design and test new products, etc. During those hours you also work say 8 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. That could give you another $15,000 - 16,000. Now when you file your taxes, you have to include ALL the money that was spent on your lodging, travel, entry fees, and parts allowance...so on paper it shows you made $90,000 per year...Do you have anything to SHOW for it?