R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Andrew_Carter
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xxxkat
Sorta looks like a Yokomo BD but with the motor spur gear moved up a few millimeters, But it looks like with the placement of the spur gear it moves the battery out from the center line a bit also. I'm just going by the photo's posted. I already own a few belt TC's and I was going to get the Stallion...The Mid motor one that they were showing...I don't think I'll be getting one now because I already have 2 similar BD TC's and I really don't think the performance of the Stallion is going to be any better than that of the 2 cars I already own. Mi2...My Yokomo BD has aluminum bulkheads so does my Cyclone. I am not a big fan of plastic bulk heads they do strip out in time and flex under load, I don't care what anyone tries to tell me they do flex under load, I know that it's a cost cutting issue for Kyosho but as much as they are asking for this car they should have included aluminium bulk heads. Not hatting on this car in any way. I was just disappointed in their choice in design, I thought the mid motor car looked better. I'm sure it's going to be a good car and I'm sure a better driver will beat me with this car as well...but he would still beat me even if I had the Stallion BD...
At last!! Someone who is actully clued up about TCs I cudnt agree more about the plastic bulkheadhead situation! What a shame that such a nice car is spolied by such cheap looking parts

I spose its like most companys out there tho,wat the team drivers run is completly diffrent to waht we can buy!(apart from HB )