R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Barracuda from Alex racing
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 10:01 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

I think the purpose of the two addition slots is to counter-balance the flex on the servo size... As you can see in R1, without the slots, the servo side will be more rigid than the battery side when the whole chasis 'twists'. I hope this improves car's performance a little bit... (I did add two slots last friday to my R1!!! Hope it workes!)

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
Apart from chassis layout i.e battery placement/servo and also there seems to be 2 extra battery-like slots which could be of use for weight savings but as we are putting weights on the servo side wouldnt it be more of a bother to put more weight to offset the carbon fiber they took away even it's just a tiny little weight ...there's not much difference between the older one and R2 with the R2 has graphite lower arms(hardened) and threaded shocks only right??the rest still share the same parts apart from the shaft holder which is of different design and dual ball bearing compare to the old one...we'll see whether this will solved the old problem needing to change to aluminium one and i'm not sure if this make sense but with a dual bearing wouldnt it have more drag/resistance than the single bearing??
would love to hear the performance of the new chassis for consideration if it's a worthwhile upgrade(17800yen).....currently i'm pretty much satisfied with the way the Cuda is performing