R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS engines
Thread: STS engines
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 01:13 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sook
Thanks AFM.
All I know is that when I used the os plug in the sts engines, it leaked. I would have to imagine that the conical tip did not match or seat well in the head of the sts engines. It leaked just as rushdude described. I even tighted it down and eventually it leaked again causing tuning issues and higher temps. I even tried the Rossi Ultra plug, which was a short body plug and it continued to do the same thing as the os plug. Once I switched over to the Novarossi long bodied plug, it sealed nicely and no more issues. Unexplainable, except that the seat of the conical shape fit better than other plugs and had a complete seal.
Yes, because Novarossi glow plugs have a slightly different taper on the cone end than other brands, and STS engines are compaltible with Novarossi design of head. All other brands, Os, Picco, Mega,Rossi, will have leaking problems.
As I stated before, long or short body Novarossi Turbo glow plugs have same number of threads an cone shape, i'ts matter of tuning option according to weather conditions.

AFM