R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F201
Thread: F201
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 04:32 PM
WRXpilot
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up First Run

Well, I got everything I needed to finish building yesterday, and took the car out for a shakedown today. I was surprised at it's speed with just the kit black can motor, I guess my drivetrain concerns were unfounded. It's not as fast as my HPI Super F1, but that has a 15T motor in it. It's also MUCH easier to drive through the corners.

The rear diff did manage to completely unscrew itself after 5 minutes, but the screw didn't break, so I just retightened it to a pretty firm setting and it didn't seem so come loose again after driving it for 12 minutes.

What was a pain was getting to the rear diff, how does everyone else on here usually do it? I looked for an easy way, but eventually I just had to pull the rear of the car apart. Luckily, the suspension all attaches to the upper half of the diff case, so I didn't have to pull it apart.

I also have the car set up close to DJ's setup, with about 4mm of rear ground clearance, soft springs, 3000wt oil and the 3mm spring clip. It seems to be able to bottom out really easily though; it the car is sitting on a flat surface, it takes almost no effort to push the rear to bottom out. The front feels much stiffer (It has Tamiya's olive/firm springs). It seems to handle alright though, so are scratches on the chasis just going to be a fact of life here?