R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Best
Thread: The Best
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 02:33 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

In answer to TRINITY REFLEX.

I sell RC stuff and get lots of beginners calling. If they hint at racing then I offer a Yokomo MR4 C Custom or a TC3 Racer. They are the cheapest, competitive real racing cars on the market in my part of the world, as opposed to toys. They can be upgraded to top spec - MR4 Sp or Factory Team TC3 at a later date, without having to start from scratch again.

If I suspect that a kid simply wants something to play then I offer Mardave or any of the many toys available cheap.

Motors. We have a control stock motor here for the beginners class, which is a 21 turn sealed Corally. It is cheap, quick and reliable, so that's what I recommend since if they do decide to race they don't have to shell out for a new motor too.

Speedo. I sell Novak. Will recommend an Explorer, Dually or Cyclone depending on budget.

Radio gear. Most guys end up with KO Vantage, which is not cheap but is among the best. I keep quite a few cheap second hands and suggest them to beginners. If they decide to stay on and buy a KO then their initial outlay didn't break the bank.

Cells. A couple of packs of cheap 3000 stick packs are always useful, so I start customers off with them. If they wish to continue the choice is infinite.

In our neck of the woods I would say over 50% of the people that buy cars carry on, upgrade and race. It's usually the ones that spend right away, thinking money alone wins that don't last.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.