R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which car?
Thread: Which car?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2003, 09:49 PM
XIII
Tech Initiate

Everyone, just a simple question. I dont know if V1 is a kit or not, i guess it is because it doesnt come with radio and servo. So Why are we comparing a race kit and a RTR here? 2 car serve 2 different purpose.

If you "ever" plan on serious racing it, then v1 is your choice,no doubt about that, but prepare to spend money on upgrades because you wont be able to stop/control yourself. But if you only plan running it for fun not race, then CEN is your choice because its easy for you to get parts and performance isnt a issue for you in this case.

CEN use 2 belts according to the site. Also i recommend you to stay with the stock motor doesnt matter which car because most engine out there that put out more than 1hp will be close to/more than $100 dont matter its .12 or .16 or .18. So just pick a car and stay with it to save some money if you are not a serious racer.

According to my experience, Bigger cooling head isnt necessary better. It all depend on the motor. If the engine tend to run hot, then bigger cooling head will help. But if engine tend to run cold, a bigger cooling head will make it too cold and lose performance, so basucally worse.

Last edited by XIII; 01-18-2003 at 09:56 PM.