R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 720
Thread: Serpent 720
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:44 PM
critterracing
Tech Master

Default my 1 st run today

well took her out and beat her for a few hours this morning. we set up a parking lot tracks every Saturday with road rail and pretty much just run till the battery dies. lots of banging and launching off the rails .

i love this new car. i also run a g4s and most of our guys run rrr's. everyone thought the car looked great for its 1st time out. it had a off throttle push that i didn't like but i think just changing tires will fix that.

when i built the 2-speed i sanded the shoes nice and smooth with some sand paper. i had to set the spring tension 1 full turn tighter then stock to get it to shift. once i did that it shifted perfect all day. the clutch is outstanding held its setting perfect all day behind a OS TZ18.

oh before i forget the fuel tank leaked out of the box at the seam. i fixed it up with my soldering iron.

tear down showed a right rear shock fully ripped apart. the threads pulled right off the plastic bottom piece. all the belts and pulley's looked brand new. the brakes were alittle weak at 1st but bedded in nicely.

for gear i run the tz18,stratus 2.1, twister 37 front and 35 rear, Futaba low profile 9550 servos and a Jr z-1 with spektrum. the stock serpent battery sucks so a lipo is going in Monday. the lipo in my radio, which was in my blade cp heli for a few flights, started the day at 11.8 volts. it also finished the day at 11.8 volts. truly amazing. a 2 cell thunder power 1320 will slide in under the fuel tank perfect. that will give me a full day of running for sure.

this car is a keeper. cant wait till next week.

later
Aldo