R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo GT-4???
Thread: Yokomo GT-4???
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2001, 11:33 PM
Kaliboy
Tech Adept

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dan
[B]Yeah, the fuel tank was one of the problems. (I'm currently running a Mugen MTX-2 tank and just sent in my old Yok tank for the newly updated one.)

One major and costly problem is the 2 speed. The pin wears through easily. Once it wears, its $26 a pop for another hub. If you check the Yokomo forum, people have re-fitted Mugen 2 speeds and Serpent 2 speeds (there are pics too.) Its really sad that it costs $100 for the Serpent unit and a new shaft (who knows how much it costs) made by smitty on the forum. Those guys are running rear exhaust engines though. I run a OS .12 CVR and already has small wear on my 2 speed pin. I have no problems with the stock clutch though. Its been reliable. Main reason people upgrade to Centax is easier to adjust without disassembling anything.

Dan...the new 2nd gear housing in the GT4R looks like it was made out of a different material. Is looks and feels more solid. The pin also looks differently. The new pin, clutch housing is made of a shinier material. Hopefully Yokomo heard our gripes and fixed the weak pin. My RB motor is almost broken in and as soon as it does get there, I'm gonna rip on it. I am using a 4 tooth spread on the gearing so we will see how well the pin will hold up.