R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Driving Properly what are the things to work on?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:50 AM
BSchorr
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Last season in carpet, i came out of my shell and really started to do very good, im the 2nd top guy at our track from going from novice the year before. I went from 100% dual rate to about 55-60% depending on the infield tightness turns of teh track.

I tend to look like 1 foot aheady of my car when driving

when I am on someones rear bumper when we are driving lines together, i just look at the car ahead of mine, no looking at mine at all.

Running mid pack... down the straits, stay striaght as possible. Some guys like to roam and weeve on the straihts. NOT GOOD.

Running mid pack in turns...when you enter then turn. and the rear guy likes to power thought he corners alittler faster then you, they like to grab the corner of the body and swing ya around. try to power out of the corner faster then him to where you have a 3-5 foot gap ahead of him. Then continue how you want to.

make sure your car has no tweek. so when you power at the biginning and maybe do some braking at the end. So you dont weeve into the guy next/behind/ahead of you.

depending on your trackw here you make up the most time. Gear accordingly. If the track has alotta 180's and zigzags, you might want to gear alittle lower to power in the infield faster

Some things to think about.

Ben