R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Corally RDX Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Korey Harbke
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
will,

i don't run the corally springs, but i had a similar experience with mine. there are a few things that you can inspect:

1) wire diameter - measure them with a caliper
2) coil number/spacing - match them up visually
3) coil ends - the beginning and end of the coil wire. match them by where the two ends line up. look down them axially, and you should see this.

the above criteria was enough to match up 9 pairs of springs that were all painted white, and then mixed up. that will match them up, and at 3lb intervals, you should then be able to determine the order they go.
Yup thats how I would do it. It's a little bit easier for the corally springs though. There are only 2 wire sizes.... the black ones are a little thinner, and the silver ones are a touch thicker. The more coils in the spring itself... the softer the spring is, fewer coils makes the spring stiffer. Counting them... just start where the wire starts and go around in 360 rotations. at the endyou might have 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 of a rotation left. Just make those accordingly and look on the original package the spring came in. It tells you what number of coils corresponds to the spring.

-Korey