R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 10:25 PM
RoyU
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kriptikracing
wassup all! I just got a mtx-4 and started building her up. I'm almost done...but I got a few questions and I hope you guys understand what I'm asking.

I've completed installing the clutch and pinion gears on the motor. However, I'm not sure if I did it correctly...as far as adjustment. My question is about the .06 ~ 1mm adjustment. Do I turn in the screw until flush with the conical piece then make the shim adjustment? And, when I do get the corrected amount of shims...do I tighten the screw all the way down tight or do I leave it flush with the conical piece? The picture below shows the parts I'm talking about. Thanks for whoevers picture that is...I saw it on a previous post.

The way I did it was made the screw flush with the conical piece...do the pull and push calculation and ended up using 3 shims...then tightened the screw all the way down. This is the first time I'm working on this type of clutch/pinion setup so I'm a little lost. Can someone please confirm I did it correctly or incorrectly?

Come out to next Sunday's race and someone can help you out if you finish the car or not...bring the car