R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 200mm 1/10 Outlaw Class
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 01:19 AM
ziggy12345
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
Maybe in your area but not in mine. In my neck of the woods, the Mugen and Kyosho are the cars. Also, don't see where this statement has anything to do with the topic, "200mm Outlaw Class".

Back to the subject, since the US racing organization killed off the 235mm class, it would be nice to have an alternative class to the 200mm touring and 1/8th scale classes. Since there are just as many 5-port .12 engines as 3-port .12 engines, it is a shame that you can only run 5-ports at the club level because they are not race legal at sanctioned races. Also, most club tracks are not big enough to utilize the top-end of most 5-ports. Now that Frewer and Protoform have Lola bodies out for 200mm (and a couple of other companies as well), I say lets push for at a bigger level than at local clubs.
Agree!!

I would love to race outlaw in the UK but the support has died off since the BRCA banned 5 ports. I dont see many coming back to it unless the touring class gets too big. We might get a mini series at a club over the summer but thats it