R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Career in RC
Thread: Career in RC
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 06:32 PM
W.E.D.Jim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

They say the best way to make a "small fortune" in the R/C business is to start with a "large" one!

This is only true if you open a store and are addicted to the racing still when you do. In other words if you have ever thought, "owning my own store would be sweet, everything would be discounted", don't open one.

I owned a store in South Florida for a little while.

Customers come first for success, wether it's selling them that hot new item(not keeping it for a buddy), staying open 15 minutes longer to help them out, free advice and even helping someone who bought mail order. I've seen stores refuse to work on cars bought elsewhere, but I can't see how that helps them decide for their NEXT purchase?

If you are serious, get into a good school for management, engineering, etc. and you'll be ready for the field, in or out of R/C.

My training and years of experience has helped me in the body manufacturing business and painting as well, but it is hard work and requires alot of expertise in several areas to do well. Some weeks I work 85+ hours, but i'm not getting rich....Not by a long shot. Maybe some day!

...Jim