R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC
Old 01-16-2003, 06:43 AM
doctorj
Tech Addict

Sorry please let me continue from here as I have pressed the wrong button half way.

In this instance, the potential club joiner will feel that " hey mate, what have you got in your club that I should pay to use it's facilities. " In fact, the RCMC is a club that has actually met the basic needs of RCers with it's current facilities. Yes, it does seems that it's nothing more than a track. But hey, isn't it much better than a few wooden poles laid down with unforgiving solid apexes awaiting to rip your expensive & beloved cars? Right, the membership cost money & needs some attraction to woo members. But with the past or current charges, I believe it has fulfilled current members of their needs & can't go further than maintaining the track's ageing condition. Then again, if additional facilities are to be implemented, e.g. drinks stall, alteration of structures, redesigning of track, a cafe, a restaurant, a beer garden, a security guard, stadium lights, or even a disco lounge to celebrate after the race, then the membership charges will be raised & then the price will be questioned.

Well, no offence to anyone. But in this realistic world, an egg will cost 20 cents, & 20 cents will only buy an egg or other things equivalent to that value. Same goes to the membership fees. If RCMC implements an alternative fees structure, e.g. collect usage fees on a per day basis, RCers could easily fork out more of that of an annual amount.

By the way, it would be my pleasure to bring you around the tracks in Singapore & provide more comparison details if required, if you are not already familiar with them. Cheers!!!