R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Manufactures Agree To Limited Selection Of Tires For Electric Offroad Nationals
Old 07-27-2006, 04:07 PM
DerekB
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
See, Derek this is where i'd disagree with you. If this were the case, we'd all be running those old GM ASP speed controls with a Gyro in them to keep our rig straight. I dont want to rely on buying something to help me win, i'd rather be able to say "this weekend, the time i put in at the track really helped me get into the _ main." If it were all equipment, then there'd be no need to practice, which at the core of any sport/hobby, is the cornerstone.

And to me - Tire developement and testing belong at races like the Shootout, Cactus, Indoor Champs, etc etc, where the classes are seperated for those that have it, and those that dont quite yet... To me, it has no place at the race that determines what crew of racers will represent the US in the next World Championships.

work sucks, i'm gonna go wrench
I never said was for driving aids, and electric nanny stuff, that's for beginners. I said I want products that give me an advantage because they were designed and tested to be. Why don't we all just run the same everything and we'll know who the best "driver" is? But we don't buy the drivers, we buy what they win with.

This stuff is short term thinking. It saves you a few hundred in shipping, but down the road you take away companies that support racing. If Panther wants to run at the Nats what do they do? They can't make a name for themselves in on-road and now we're one step away from keeping more out of off-road.

It's bad for the soul of the hobby.

There are things we can do that are good for one, and then there are things that are good to do for the whole. These things are for the one, and masked to make you think it's for the whole.