R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 08:55 AM
itchy b
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
Taping is not so bad... I'm not so much a fan of the o-ring, it tends to put unnecessary stress on the chassis. The chassis also has to be wider to accomidate the attaching lugs for the o-ring allowing the sides to drag going around tight or highspeed corners.

Tape has been used for years. If you cannot get the black battery tape (Speed Merchant No. smr5024), standard fiberglass filiment tape from your local hardware store will work. Like Ray said, pull the tape tight before sticking it. This is what will help keep the tape from breaking in hard impacts. People that leave slack in the tape have the tape rip in crashes due to the rapid acceleration/deceleration of the batteries moving around on the chassis.
we have a blue battery tape just for this purpose but its only 1/2 inch wide, but most guys use it in tc but i guess it'll work better with the 2x2 saddle layout with less weight to push against the tape.
(sorry if i ask too many questions, just dont want to have any misshaps due to missing something ) which has happened in nitro with disaster the result