R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Drill test on Li-po
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 03:12 PM
MR JOLLY
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Mr Jolly, do you REALY think that charger manufacturers and LiPo cell suppliers will let you think you can get away with a £40 charger??? Also, two cells make up a LiPo pack, there is an option for 'matching' to.

The way I see it, if someone 'wants' to go LiPo racing in practice, that is at their own risk, if they lose control of their car, their BRCA insurance (not applicable to Mr Jolly) will be null and void, as you will be using equipment not recognised by the governing body.

There is also a mirriad of cheap cells and cells not capable of coping with the rigours of RC Cars, so then you would have to go down the route of homologating say, Team Orion/Peak cells and not others. If and when you allow LiPo, how do you ensure, as an RD, that a competitor that is using LiPo is running equipment that has the voltage regulation/cut-off for LiPo??

Also, has anyone actualy done a head to head with LiPo and NiMH, but the LiPo ballasted up to make the minimum weight?
back to back ;;yes me
all ballested up to make car 1512g (lot`s of lead too)
And since the airpplane guy`s & helicopter guy`s are NOT being stiched to buy the matched cells in Li-Po or fancy chargers
DA
you must trusting in company`s you know , not all of them want to rip you off , coz they know buyers will vote with there feet
i`m all for change ,weather it`s good or bad , But there are alot of guy`s that don`t like change from the old stuck in the rut way`s to `newer` way`s
weather it`s better or not (god know`s , But try to find out

there is actually 4 cells 2 series 2 parallel
why would you match them when they are so closely done now , unlike c-cells

BRCA could just pass the peak/orion one just for starters
Big powerfull power tools now have LI-po in ,when you are using hammer drill with 12" drill to go through concrete , that draws amps buy the bucket load & the worker makes them go flat then recharges

any way just talking not forcing
My Li-Po has done about 15-18 race`s so far & still charges up to just over 5000mah

Disclaimer
getting out of my depth now (bottling it ) so can`t post much more

BRCA ins re;use of Li-Po
aldershot get round it as do barham ,as do brooklands (in bike`s) hell they just had world champs there with BRCA backing
explain that one