R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarKing
Rick, what advantages of this new car did you see over the MSX. I know the steering is a big one that most people are looking forward to, but of the other changes (new upper and lower chassis, motor cooling, wide teeth deisgn pulleys, and others I don't know about) what things were most noticable. How much could the non-pro notice from this new car to the MSX?
The motor cooling is a big improvement. As is the steering. Although trying it back to back against the old steering is impossible using the same car. Josh Numan ran the new steering at the Reedy Race and Nats while I ran the old steering at these races and we were about the same. The new steering has much less slop than the old version. The car trims better and is easier to drive.

The drivetrain rolls much more freely with the new pulleys/belts. And the center pulley/spur gear area is simplified and easier to work with. You use spacers to position the entire assembly (and maintain a consistent position during maintenance) rather than set screws to hold individual components.

I think most will notice the drivetrain. Better roll with a better ratio imporve acceleration and top speed.