R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What do you think of more than 10 cars per race?
Old 07-21-2006, 07:25 AM
santinuchi
Tech Adept

Default fast guys

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Sounds stupid. A few of us where at an event last weekend. 4 of us in mod were churning laptimes approx 1sec / lap or more on the rest of the field. What happens if we had to dodge (15/race) 11 cars about 5 times each in the one race! I got hacked by backmarkers which may have cost me TQ at the time..

10 is plenty for finals.. qualifing could be more but it will still be hard on the fast guys always passing and the slow guys who spend 1/2 of every lap off line to let ppl through.
Now take this into consideration, you didnt get fast by just driving around the track by yourself right? probably not, i can understand the 1sec/lap thing but, it's racing, there is going to be lapped traffic, backmarkers are a part of the game, if your fast your fast, drive around them, every other racing body, from motorcycles to nascar and f1 all deal with the same situation and they are in bigger more dangerous vehicles, they dont complain, it's a part of the game, essentially we play with hi tech toys. we should be able to handle it. Just a thought.