R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 12:05 AM
JayBee
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
ICEMAN - You will just have to try both and see what you like. I prefer my servo angled on carpet and on asphalt. Some guys run angled on asphalt and flat on carpet and some run flat everywhere.

If you run your servo flat you will need to buy some long offset ball studs for your steering spindles to correct the bump steer. To check for bump steer press the front of your chassis down. If you see you front wheel's toe in increase you need to move the pivot balls on the servo saver closer to the servo output shaft, raise the pivot balls on the spindles or both.

The goal is very little toe change on suspension compression or none at all. Most guys dont get this right and end up with extreme bump toe and wacky handling cars.

If you run your servo angled you dont have to do any of this. The AE dynamic strut front end is designed around an angled servo and will have zero bump toe if built to the instructions.
Thanks for this Adrian; I forgot about this when this was brought up before and this sheds some light. I run the Slapmaster MS2.3 and when I built the car I guess I just got lucky 'cause I built the servo links so they are parallel to the ground and get zero bumpsteer...

Last edited by JayBee; 09-12-2008 at 09:33 PM.