R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to figure rollout for a speciffic track?
Old 07-20-2006, 05:20 PM
ahsikes
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default How to figure rollout for a speciffic track?

Ok I have the equation for rollout and you can ask around and get 100 different opinions about how to gear a particular motor for a particular track.

I also understand about gearing for the more important part of the track. For example if you are at a track with a super long straight, you need to gear for it, or if it is mostly short straights, then you can adjust.

My question is that how does that final number you calculate relate to the amount of straightaway you have? Or does it?

I know what it is you calculate, you solve for how far the car will roll with one revolution of the motor, great. What does that tell me, and how to I effectively use this information?

I know ask someone who runs the track, but I would like to know how to figure it out myself.

This does not have to apply to foams either. Same question with rubber tires.

I am not asking about a particular track or motor or car, none of that should matter at this time. Just in general, how do you measure what gear to throw on a car when you show up at a new track?

Last edited by ahsikes; 07-20-2006 at 06:55 PM.