R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IFMAR AGM in Collegno - Future of ISTC
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 12:45 PM
bvoltz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
I don't think you're missing anything and yes the answer could be a simple one, but it depends on what everyone agrees on. It's possible to do many things if enough people want to do it, all that's needed is for the rules to be changed to allow these things.. such as traction control etc, technically it's possible and has been tried before but most people don't want anything that is considered to be a 'driver aid'. Any form of enforced 'limiting' would be seen as a 'driver aid' and not allowed.

The perfect technical gizmo would be a solid state accelerometer (the sort of high tech gizmo that's used to control missiles by inertial guidance systems) it could control acceleration in a straight line and cornering speeds plus braking in fact it could control everything! A 3-axis acceleromter could detect the movement of the car in all directions and connected into a speedo could prevent any electronics and motor 'abuse', it could even make everyone have equal car performance (as equal as the gizmo could be set and calibrated to be equal) and they don't cost very much... but they're not allowed and most likely nobody wants them either.
Sorry I posted before I read this...

Well then, if they keep this up, then they will end up having a big race with 10 entries... Yes, that would fun for 10, but really on long until they get tired of each other and how many times can they win, before they really want new blood???