R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Atlas YM34 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 08:37 AM
Spike
Tech Rookie

Hi All

I gave into temptation when I saw the Type T's on eBay for $159.99. The exchange rate of $ to £ at the moment makes them great value (even with postage and customs charge). I got 2 - one for me and one for my mate.

They went together without any problems and were much better than the last kit I built (RC Labs 7.60 Pro). In the hand the Type T felt heavy but on the scales it only weighed 1515 grammes ready to run.

We ran them for the first time on Sunday on an indoor carpeted track with treaded rubber tyres and a 27t stock motor. We started off with kit standard set-up but soon discovered that this wasn't working.After diconnecting the rear anti roll bar and moving the top of the front shocks in by one hole it was much better (I had to turn down the steering servos travel and speed on the transmitter). The dual one ways took a while to get used to, I normally use 2 diff's in my cars. I was impressed with the car's balance through the tight and twisty sections of the track.

The only problem I had was that the king pins and the grub screws in the driveshafts kept working loose, despite loads of threadlock on them.

I was impressed with the cars strength. I tested it against a few walls during the set-up period . I do have some long term concerns about the rear hub carriers bending and the holes where the hinge pins pass through the diff' mounts elongating.

I had problems getting any decent speed out of the car over the day though but I think this is down to my motor/speedo, my mates car was very quick.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate answers to:

1)What is the internal drive ratio for the Type T?

2)Are there any essential running spares that I should carry for the car e.g. wishbones etc?

3)What droop settings do you use?

4)Are there any hop ups I should consider?

Thanks

Spike