R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Novak GT7.........what is......
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Fakk2
Tech Adept

Hi,

I have been following everyones posts about the GT7/LRP speedos. I have 4 GT7's as of Sunday. I had a LRP Quantum but it went up in smoke. ( the case came apart and it shorted out on the chassis) as for the Keyence I have ran one but I don't own one. we had a GT7 shut down in a 1.12th scale stock (4 cell) but it only did it once and it is working fine now.
I have always ran Novak products........ I started with the servos, and "roadpacks" and never really strayed to far. I did have some Tekin products that ran great but service was always a question for me. As for "blowing up" speedos I have done more than my share.but then I was using motor drops that would kill most anything (BlackDeath)....not the stuff that Trinity sells. as for having problems with radios I have a 3PK that will not work right with a Novak XXtra and the HiTec Module. my second 3PK did for about a month then didn't like them at all since. Futaba says the 3PK is a 3PJS in a different case and minus a few feartures and added the new HRS Rx system. it works with both of my 3PJS's but not in the 3PK.when installed the servo just quivers at idle and anywhere during movement of the servo. I have both the radio/module looked at and the XXtra's too still no really decent answers.

as for the fans.. most computer stores should have a good selection of small fans. you can run them off your 6 cell pack or off a 6 cell Rx pack ( 1/3rd AAA cells )

Thanks