R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB Evolution V
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 04:42 PM
veecee
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bender
Ran my Evo5 for the second time at my local track yesterday

Due to the inconsistant track conditions (had some intermittent rain periods) I didn't really get to try to many different things, but I stll managed to go quicker.

My best race time was 1 second off my personal best with the MSX, and I did a fastest lap that was only 0.14 seconds off my best

So, it's taken me approx 2 meetings to get this car as quick as MSX, which took 4 months to reach these lap times

For stock or 19T this car is bloody quick

One thing I noticed, I can run a higher rollout with this car when compared to the MSX. I ran about 2mm higher rollout yesterday, still had more punch than what I ever had with the MSX, and the car was THE fastest thing in a straight line!

Did I mention I really like this car
Good to hear your positive reports on the car. I'm really looking forward to give mine a run. In fact I was hoping to try my car tonight but Sydney weather is not on my side... Just curious about how you're shimming the gearboxes. I've heard a lot of conflicting views with some people finding the factory recommendation inadequate. How have you shimmed your gearboxes?