R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rushdude
I need some help. I have a novarossi tsr12s3. I am having trouble with glow plugs. One plug only lasts about 4 tanks if i am lucky. I have been using novarossi #7 plugs. I am using trinity monster horse power fuel. 20% nitro 18% oil. On one of the bad plugs i noticed that the wire was like cut. Almost like someone cut it with a pair of wire cutters. I havent had any part of the coil fall into the engine though and it was only one plug that was damaged. On the other plugs there were black residue on the tips that wiped off very easily with a finger or towell.

As for head shims, i only have the aluminum one which is .3mm like stated in a previous post on this thread about running 20% nitro. Should I add another .1mm shim or is it something else?
Much probably your conrod is shot and this kills plugs, check it for wear and damage, change it at the least suspect of wear.

Adding a 0.1mm shim could be beneficial because if you're racing near the sea level with lots of humidity you need to make room for that extra humidity on the combustion chamber.