R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Hyper8 stingray
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 01:18 AM
KK-racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Rocket42

Here's my report on yesterday race with your basic set-up, but with a few differences due to some *constraint as follows :-

Rear diff oil - 1k
Front upper 'A' arm - lower hole on shock tower
Rear camber link - second hole from inside, below up
(*was over-enthusiastic in drilling the new hole you recommended & to get longer camber link distance, drilled the hole too far away & too near the bulkhead. So you know the consequences. )

Well, this round we had almost 50 drivers turned up, including a few top drivers who were not around previous race. It started off with a hot sunny morning that then rained buggies & trucks all of a sudden, resulting in a 2 hours delay & the heats changed to 10 mins X 2 run only, instead of the usual 7 mins X 3 run. The track layout was almost the same as previous race with the only exception of a small ramp being removed. Unfortunately, I was kicked out of 'A' main to 'B' main but in starting grid 1(so near & yet so far ) in this race due to my not so perfect driving skill. Here's my final results compared to previous race :-

18 June 16 July
Best time Best time
Run 1 46.000 42.404
Run 2 44.542 42.983
Run 3 44.441 -
Final 43.469('A' main) 42.043('B' main)

Obviously your set-up is much better in reducing my lap time, thanks to you again. However, I am still not getting the desired steering response & will try the rear Ackerman hole as suggested by you next. It was not done during this race to avoid too drastic a change at one go.

Regarding the tires & insert, I am afraid I have to disagree with your opinion as I used a new set CF with the M3(soft) molded insert in this race. During the second half of the final, it was noticed the bug becoming unstable resulting in traction rollings & unexpected flips. A check revealed one of the insert was torn into two inside one tire & another was in bits & thrown to one side of the tire. My other old set CF with M2(medium) molded insert still has it's insert in perfect condition, whilst the tire's thread has already worn off. Heard from one of the overseas neighbouring racer that it was highlighted somewhere in the internet on same issue as well. There were complaints that molded insert is good only for one race.