R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MEGA (by Picco) thread
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Kendall
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
I also took the engine apart tonight, to check the conditions (checked for schratches because of the lost airfilter during the crash) luckily there is no damage done.

It looks like the piston/liner is about the same as the DSI, there is a small change in the angle of the rounding on the bottom of the liner, and the pinch looks to be a little more.....
Didn't really see difference in the crankcase....
The conrod is a bit different, overall it has more material everywhere........
And offcourse the coolinghead is different.....
Even though these engines internally don't look like the high modded expensive engines (like my MAX MF) the performance is really great.

Also my MAX blown out the 2 "separations" in the exhaustports, with small damage to the piston, and this after about 5 liter of fuel. It still runs great, but for how long?......

Now here is the real question you might want to try.... Does the conrod from your DSII fit on the crankshaft of your DSI?

From Mytsn.com it looks like the crankshaft on the DSII is different where the conrod is placed, hence the "biggest" change is the crankshaft is now all one piece on the DSII, where the DSI had the pin for the conrod pressed into the crankshaft itself.

Thanks to Paolo's close up pics on the DSII crankshaft, it is made much smoother on both ends of the crankshaft (the rod side and carburetor side). Noting this change I suspect the DSII produces more revs than the DSI, simply by improvements to the crankshaft.

I also checked out your laptimes, pretty good indeed.