R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ACADEMY STR4 PRO2
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Team Academy
Tech Apprentice

Hey Heavy, so what did ya end up running as for gearing? low spur huh? for that track? or did ya actually need more?

I also got back today from running new rubber tires. WOW! what a big change it made. I no longer have to worry about tire wear or trueing up wheels! Anyhow, running the cs 27 and cs 32. Both had great results. I think I am leaning to the 32 at ht elocal track and out on others prob do the 27 else where. We'll have to see.

The sway bars?? Wow another great asset to this car. Really helped in making it even faster in the conrers! I also slotted my rear wing for adjustability as well. I played with it as well and it to! made some fine tuning possible. It seems the more I play with the car the faster it gets and today lap times showed it. It was rather fun using the amb today. Didnt stay long but it was a enjoyable time. The car is much faster than I actually expected. About .25 plus than a xray that was there and a bit more than a local driver with a really fast or looked TRF. That TRF car was truely light!!!! I couldn't beleive it! This is another reason why I am shaving a little weight off the car if possible. If I can get this on a xray or TRF by the stock weight, what would be my gain or seconds picked up with this car even lighter!!! It will be hard however but anything is possible.

Heres the way and length of the upper rods positions I have now set. I went back to off the chassis and into the shock towers. It worked on the chassis nicely but? didn t like the posistion with the rubber tires however. Foams it worked nicely!

Team Academy / MRC / Team1rc.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0332.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	154185   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0334.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	154186   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0336.JPG
Views:	257