R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IFMAR AGM in Collegno - Future of ISTC
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 03:30 PM
tomdav
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedxl
I want to see a poll and see where everyone is on this. If the majority say 4cell then so be it!!! And PLEASE! this isnt oval, or offroad!!!!!
Why not add 5 cell to the poll? I know lipo right. This is somthing that could be done right now without having to buy a new chassis or add reciever packs. Correct me if I'm wrong but is this whole debate about speed or trying to keep equipment from blowing up?

We have to assume that batteries will continue to improve on voltage and capacity. Let say at some point to keep the motors from smoking they allow new rules to have stronger brushed motors that run cooler, faster, and do not self detonate. Of course you will be buying a new speedo to handle all of the increased amp draw and voltage. Now we have cars that have the potentitial to have more HP than they can use. Think of a light weight 1500hp beast in a Ford Focus. This would take batteries and motors out of the equation. Of course what now becomes the weak link? Chassis, tires, drivers .

One more point to ponder. If the powers that be decide to reduce the power package how would you want it done? Lower the cell count and use whatever motor you want, or put a mechanical or electronic restriction and assume everyone will play by the rules.