R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IFMAR AGM in Collegno - Future of ISTC
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I like this idea of more cars on track, with longer rounds.
Quick calc.
take a meeting with 120drivers as an example. for 10 car heats a round should last 96mins (12heats x (5mins + 3mins gap)). Now if you have 12 car hearts, and, as a start run 6min legs, that means a round should last only 90 minutes (10 x (6+3)).... hmmm, longer time on track for competitors, with less time to run a round... win/win if you ask me.
Will this stop the apparent overheating issue? Not on it's own, no... but is it something maybe to look at, especially given all that excess capacity we now have.

I personally am in the camp of the end user is the biggest problem. By it's very nature any competitive sport is going to have people pushing equipment to it's limit for an edge...
Maybe it can be helped by equipment manufactuers upping there game in some areas, but really, it is still on the end user.
Thankfully, I'm in the equipment camp that I know has some of the best specs out there (Hi Terry ). At a recent national over here in the uk, track temps were in the 50C's... no problems with overheating.

Ed