R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IFMAR AGM in Collegno - Future of ISTC
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 PM
tarheelquality
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speedxl
Josh your right to an extent but manufactures now a days have the capabilaties to design a 2 wd car that can work if the number of cells are reduced to 4. I know as well as you a 12 scale pancar works well on a prepared parking lot with a good setup, granted most people dont have the trigger finger for it . But I am not talking about a pancar but an independant suspension car. Designed correctly with the right tire combo and set up it will work.

As for LMP's fine scratch the Idea. So then lets make the cars front wheeldrive. Since in full scale its banned except for WRC Rally.
At this point you will have an over powerd car and be forced to put in a milder wind motor to control spin! Now people will also be forced to turn down the punch on the speedo. Being front wheel drive it will be controlable.
Front wheel drive cars have a natural tendacy to understeer! Real touring cars as we race dont exist anymore. At the end, the only thing that was racing was rear wheel drive against front wheel driveAudi causing a ban on 4wd . And now the current hatch backs they race in BTCC are front wheel drive. And DTM is mostly rear wheeldrive!

Sorry Rick H that went past me. Your right!!
Actually if you look at the Speed World Challenge they run FWD, RWD, and AWD together in the same class along with sedans and full fledged sports cars, the classes are based more on horsepower than car type though they are all based off of street cars. I agree with not having LMP type bodies but I think some sports car type bodies or at least restricting the bodies to something that is raced in some class somewhere! I am pretty sure there hasn't been a Stratus raced on a real track in quite a while!

As far as the voltage reduction I am all for 4 cell instead of 6. I have been racing since before 1200 scr packs and the voltage now is crazy, though I do like not having to worry about dumping. I think with the weight reduction and the better layout arrangements that will be available the cars will soon be turning as good or better laptimes with less wear which is a good thing. I can run 3 8 min quals with a 1/12th with less wear on my comm than one run in my touring car and that is do to less weight and lower voltage.

And also if people want to look at 2wd, make it legal to run 2wd in either rear or front in touring, if there is an advantage to it we would know soon because someone would try it.