R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 06:44 AM
RCGaryK
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Gary.....some good insight for others to think about....just remember that alot of people are looking for setup help and you are a book of knowledge here and alot of help to others....dont let them get you upset.

Thanks for your help...

Kevin
Kevin, you know as others who know me know if someone asks me for help, I'll provide it. This is not going to "Sound nice" but Scarab just comes off on here (one of the problems with online forums is not being able to hear intonation and inflection) as someone who's whining because he got motored. If you want help, ask. If you're going to accuse someone of cheating, present your opinions or facts. But as someone who's been accused of cheating in the past (then handed that person my motor out of the car for them to run and they admit it's nothing special) this is a very touchy subject. Not this last year but in 2005 at the Trackside TCS, Doc Mertes wanted to run my chassis and equipment in the 3rd A of GT3 (I won the first 2). He admitted the motor was nothing special...overall speed was nothing special...but the car just rolled thru the corners. I've never felt my GT3 cars have been particularially fast, but others watching it tell me it flies. Not trying to start a flame war, but dude, present your evidence that someone was cheating or drop it.

Doc...nice