R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IFMAR AGM in Collegno - Future of ISTC
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 01:11 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

I've read up to Barry's posts on page 5, so there may be something brilliant after that which I haven't read yet.

I still think there's nothing wrong with what we have at the moment, however if we really do want to slow it down, then the cheapest and most practical way is to simply to put an amp limit on cells. Well done Barry. You're not just a pretty face.

2 years ago everybody ran 7 turn motors with 3300 capacity cells. Nobody was burning motors, though 12 turn motors did burn with 3300s.

Last year we ran 3800s. The cars got faster and some guys were cooking 7 turn motors if they overgeared.

Now we run 4200s and we cook motors and speedos with monotonous regularity if we overgear. And we crash more bacause Joe Average, like me, cannot cope with the speed.

What is the single uncommon denominator. Cars remained the same, speedos got more reliable, motors remained the same. Just an increase in battery limit.

If you're going to do anything at all, just limit it to 3000mah maximum and keep it there for 10 years.

But despite all this, the entry for the most expensive, and difficult event, the Worlds, was oversubscribed months before closing. So where's the problem?