R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IFMAR AGM in Collegno - Future of ISTC
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Oscar Jansen
Tech Apprentice

I quickly read all comments, but can not really quit understand them. Like Rick mentioned, I did write a letter to IFMAR to spread my concerns. Concerns are that battery technology goes faster and arrives quicker in the market than brush /brushless motors and speedcontroll manufacturers can follow...

It was NOT a letter to slow cars down!! Please understand this. We are searching quick solutions to decrease the immense heat build up in the cars, so that people with current systems do not have the problems mentioned in the post from Jaybo on page 3.... as this is reality. At a World's there are many tuners going around who can set a motor exactly to the limit without it blowing up...and that is why it is called a World Championship. But, racers/ customers, which are for me/Team Orion most important, should not suffer due to the current rule restrictions which stop us to develop better and longer lasting products...

Now, please give some creative solutions to make the heat build up lower... some good points where to allow cut out in body's, or allow a mechanical brake which will reduce heat by 20%. And I think these 2 points are a good and quick step in the right direction. We need to do something QUICK to avoid people spending to much money in TC Mod before this class will die.

As I am busy with my work I will not be able to answer all posts here, if you have any suggestions you can email or pm me!

Thanks,
Oscar