R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IFMAR AGM in Collegno - Future of ISTC
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Barry Baker
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stulec52
Hey Barry,

the problem with this is it's really a backwards step ( imho)
I've been there before, the guys that did best were the guys who had not only the best packs, but a brand new pack for every run. I'm sure you remember the days of having your pit guy topping up the charge on the line with seconds to go before the start of a run.
Why is restricting the number of turns on the motor not a better way to go?
This way even average packs get plenty of run time, and straightline speeds are all pretty close, makes it easier for Joe Not Sponsered to try to compete, and keeps costs realistic.
Every single form or class of motorsport out there has restrictions, why not RC?

Oh and with regard to the old WRC some guys were talking about, it was Group B, which had development continued unabated, was going to go to even crazier group S !
Stu, you have a point ...but back then the technology of the batteries were not the same as they are today....the batteries today are much better...in fact at most races I just leave the same pack in my car and it gets better and better each and every run and stays very good for a long time...no change in runtime or voltage......