R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IFMAR AGM in Collegno - Future of ISTC
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 08:45 AM
tonyv
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Tony, racing in PRO 10 for many years I never found the cars were too fast for me and I enjoyed PRO 10 racing more than anything, I loved the class for its speed and excitement. The reason it died out was that touring cars were the new 'big' upcoming class and set to be the dominant class, it became very popular very quickly. Most of the people that I knew who raced PRO 10 tried TC's soon decided they handled like a 'shed' and were far too slow and gave up racing. The class died because touring cars were destined to take over for outdoor racing, 1/12 survived because it's best as an indoor class.
I did not think they were too fast either although we did get to the point that the tyres had trouble coping with the cornering speeds. However the point was made earlier in the thread that at the last Worlds the drivers that attended voted to end the class partly based on an argument that speeds had become to high. Not sure to what extent that was the real reason.

Having said that, what is the reason people switched to touring cars which to many of the old PRO 10 and 12th scale drivers felt like driving a "shed"? Touring cars were much slower... Were they easier to drive? (perhaps) Cheaper? (hardly...) What was the reason?