R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Melb Brand New Off Road Track
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 02:24 AM
kimbalion7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Burlap
I see a lot of talking but not a lot of doing. Just sayin'.
Sorry to disapoint you burlap, but coucils have this thing about spending there $$ on something that wont get used... I have been in talks with them over a period of time.

They are looking at the forums to see whats going on and negitive posts look bad on all of us. We are trying our best to speed things along, but with all the red tape and hoops you have to jump through just to get a start at it, it takes a while.

The complex we are designing and building will cater to all types of radio controlled vehicles.. IE nitro on and off road, electric on and off roads, crawlers, drag strip, clubrooms, bbq area, permenent power in the pits, recycled water for the tracks during summer, etc,etc.

All this takes time and large amounts of $$, so they want to be sure that we are going to be in it for the long haul...

The track will be built over stages to ensure minimum interruptions to the club and we the club have to match $ for $ there contributions..

If it were not for the hard work of the few for the benifit of the many, a lot of these new tracks just wouldnt happen.. And if it wasnt for the new blood in the old tracks completing changes, running state events, etc we would we go?? I thank everyone who has and those who continue to put in the hard work to make our track/bash days enjoyable.

So in the end everyone who likes going to the track for a full on race or a social day out bashing around can do so. And i hope that most if not all the other tracks being built now will be for the benifit of everyone and we can all enjoy our sport in a fun, relaxed and safe atmosphere.

Simon