View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Qlone
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Hmm... at about 5 o'clock last afternoon:

... and about 6 hours later:

First impression:
Nice. The car seems well thought out and feels very solid. Building is is very easy and it's hard to actually do something wrong. The manual is clear and complete and for those who have built a 710, large parts of the car will be very familiar.

The rear roll bar is definitely an improvement over the old one and is easier to assemble and adjust. The RCC shocks are also quite nice, though missing the external way to set the number of holes is a little disadvantage of them. The braking system is also improved quite a bit and works smoothly out of the box; no grinding off of parts to make it all fit well. The gear diffs are as annoying as shocks now; they have to be filled with oil and it's a bit messy. They feel very smooth though. But with a new rear pulley the adjustable ball diffs of the 710 can also be used (which are an option part for the 720 now, so they must be better, right? :P ) The ALU cross brace I bought for the 710 also fits on the '20, as do a lot more 710 parts...

The kit is fairly complete. All the tools included with the latest versions of the 710 (clutch tool, gearbox tool) are included with the '20. Also in my kit were a lot of spare screws, clips etc. Gone however are the tools required to assemble the kit, which were included with my 710. And my 710 came with a set of tires, this box just came with a set of rims...