R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thinking 1/8 scale but have my concerns
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 02:15 PM
adam lancia
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

motomanpat: i've got the mayhem and the jammin and can say without a doubt that the jammin is a better car. that said, the mayhem will still be quite competitive at the club level but as long as your driving skills progress (which they will once you start racing again) you will push that particular buggy to it's limits. once you get there, then you might think of looking at another buggy. the mayhem is very very durable and parts support through horizon is very good. the turmoil is the new buggy with all the racing spec stuff on it...basically all the parts guys were hopping their buggy's up with anyways. i did notice a difference in how the jammin responds to setup changes; it's a little more predictabl than the mayhem which makes track-side changes a little less guess work and a little more the science it's supposed to be. both buggy's have awesome shocks with the jammin being a little more maintanence-free than the mayhem but not by too much. the jammin is lighter and it does go through the bumps better than the mayhem which is something that assists my driving style. i haven't driven the kyosho, mugen or hyper 8 so i can't comment on those. as for other online shops, ace hobbies is another good place to get stuff. good luck!