R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Hyper8 stingray
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 07:23 AM
WYLDTHING

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Well, Here's my weekly report....lol.

I ended up not changing the 360 servo cuz I didn't have time during the week to do it, and was going to change over to the 358 when I got to the track, but a buddy of mine needed a better servo, so I loaned the 358 to him instead. No worries though, the car is now perfect on either condition (slick or high bite)!! All it takes is a minor tweak here or there to make it perfect for any track change, that I face anyway.
I went to 2k rear diff fluid, but ended up going back to the 1k after the first heat. I like being able to use the the throttle to bring the rear end around sometimes when needed, and the thicker fluid seemed to already be limiting that, so I went back.

On another note, I had some radio problems that REALLY tested the durability of this buggy!!!

I was in the middle of a heat race coming down the front stretch, wide open of course, and let off for the turn.......she just kept right on accelerating into the 1 foot high tubing at the end of the straight!!

It hit at about a 45 degree angle at about 40mph, and hit so hard that it went OVER the tubing!! Fortunately, the impact was enough to release whatever was holding the throttle wide open, so it didn't damaged my beloved S5. I went over and got the buggy, fully expecting to see the left side of the front end torn off....but could find NO damage, not even a bent shock shaft!! So, I was even more impressed with my hyper8 after that episode of believe it or not...lol.

Now, it's complete teardown time to get ready for the big race next weekend.....can't wait!! Were expecting some of the Midwests finest to attend, so it'll be a great test for me, and the Hyper8.....

crabboy;
Check Rocket42's set-up he posted a few pages back, I needed more steering myself, and his set-up plus a few of other changes that have been discussed over the last couple of pages, got me all the steering I needed, especially on high bite tracks.