R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - O.S. .12 TZ(P)-T3 Speed Tuned
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 11:19 PM
rc_alan
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Basically, you take a diamond cutting bit on your dremel and cut out the "rib" that seperates the main side port and the booster port. Smooth out the edges with a polishing bit and you have a crazy moded 3 port. However I have to injecture that I HIGHLY doubt it takes 5 to 10 minutes previously mentioned unless you have super stable hands and been practicing on quite a few motors while turning a few into junk on accident. When you are cutting into the chrome you especially have to take care to ensure your hand doesn't wander. That's definitely a mod for the experienced or crazy.
Very true... I have quite a few dead sleeve's and cranks laying around... They were already washed out from my RB x12 days... Back then, I would pay someone to mod my motor only to see that the work done/performance was just so so at best and I was out of $100.00... So I said, what the hell, I picked the brains a few experienced drivers that I knew worked on there own motors and went from there... Most peeps will never show you there work... They just put there work out there on the track and race... One important thing is key to performance and that is proper break in of the motor... It doesn't matter what kind of work was done to the motor, if it's not broken in properly, all the performance gains will be lost.

RC_Alan